Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Class Recap 11/9, 11/13

On Friday in class, we focused on the Underground Railroad and how different textbooks can describe the events that took place in different ways. We took notes from a powerpoint first, though. It was funny because a couple of kids thought that the Underground Railroad was actually underground and on a rail. It could not be farther from the truth, which is what they came to learn after we took the notes. Following the slideshow, we recieved different textbooks' descriptions of the Underground Railroad and we were told to answer questions regarding the different entries.
Today in class, we went directly to the library where we sat down at computers and opened up a link which we used to fill out two charts regarding population and land area. It was a relatively easy excercise, and a great way to end the day after donating blood.
My 30 day challenge is going pretty well. My plan is to continue writing entries until the thirty days are up, and then I will read them all and try to look for similarities and hopefully try to draw a conclusion. When I wake up in the morning and I forget my dream, it is extremely disappointing because then I have nothing to write about and I want to complete my challenge. What I usually end up doing is laying in bed for a few minutes and try to think really really hard and drag up some sort of thought or feeling I had during the sleep the night before. It is successfull most of the time. I am excited to see where this challenge goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment