Monday, November 26, 2012

Class Recap 11/26

Today in class, we learned about the Kansas- Nebraska Act of 1854. It was funny because I went to work on my timeline yesterday and one of the events that I added to the timeline was the Kansas- Nebraska Act. It really helped to have a little bit of background information on it before we got to learn about it in class. It almost felt like review today just because I spent 10 minutes on the act for my timeline. I guess that's why we do these timelines, to help us learn history! We learned about the controversy between the two territories, and how the North and the South both wanted to claim them as either pro slavery or anti slavery. It caused so much hatred and tension between the two groups that lives began to end because of it. We spent quite a bit of time reading blurbs about different topics and then answering a few questions about them, following it with a class discussion. It was a beneficial class. I learned a lot
I am excited to report my progress in my dream journal. It is hard most mornings because I simply cannot remember my dreams, so I figure that I will continue to enter in the journal each time that I can until there are 30 entries. This morning I had a dream and I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and I was excited to write it down, and then go back to bed for a few more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment