Thursday, September 27, 2012

Class Recap, 9/26, 9/27

Today in class, we did EdCafe for the first time. It was extremely interesting and also benefited the entire class as a whole. The idea of EdCafe is to research a topic a bit and figure out a way to hold a conversation about it for 8 minutes with up to 4 other kids from the class. Each student has a different topic, but we all have to bounce ideas off each other and make everyone else think. My topic was the freedom to peaceably assemble. I had an easy time thinking of things I wanted to talk about during my discussion, but when it got to my turn, I failed at interesting my group and our conversation could have gone a lot better. Assembly is a hard thing to discuss in the first place. Overall, I was part of some really engaged groups. Our conversation on the freedom of religion was great, it seriously got me thinking about how strange religion is, and I think that was the point of EdCafe. I definitely look forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment