Thursday, April 4, 2013

Class Recap 4/3, 4/4

Yesterday, we did not have class because I, among other sophomores, had to spend E and F period in the computer lab taking the Accuplacer Test. In my opinion, it was pretty easy and a waste of time. The test was reading comprehension, an essay, and testing sentence structure. The essay took 50 minutes and the other two parts took much less. I did not much like taking a test on the computer. I like to go back and check my answers once I am done, so I did not like the face that we could not review our work. The essay was not hard at all, but I would rather write it out on paper instead of typing it. The most amusing part of the entire experience was the tutorial teaching people how to use a mouse and keyboard. The irony is that in order to have gotten to that point in the test, one would have had to use the keyboard and mouse.
Today in class, we split up into groups according to a letter, which represented a certain group involved in the War of 1812. My group had the Amerindians. After watching a short clip about slogans, we were told to create a slogan, icon and poem from the perspective of our specific group involved in the War of 1812. It was pretty interesting to get creative and try to walk around in the shoes of our specific group. The best was Caleb's. His group were all the Americans opposed to the warhawks and the war in general. Their poem and slogan were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment