Thursday, April 25, 2013

Class Recap 4/23, 4/24

Yesterday in class, we spend the entire time trying to see what it would be like living in a soddie on the prairie. I was in a group made up entirely of boys, so my soddie life was rather interesting. Our first station was "stand," where we had to pretend we were living in the cramped area of a soddie. It was easy to create our floor plan because there was not much we had to fit in, and then all we had to do was sit around. It became boring very quickly. I could never imagine living in such a small sparse place with five boys. The next station was "sit," where each kid sat in a chair and was time lapse-d for a minute to stimulate the act of taking a "picture." Back when cameras were just starting to be used, the exposure time was much longer so we had to sit for quite a long time. After sitting, we had to "smell," which consisted of Caleb sticking his head into a plastic bag full of sod. I think we were supposed to take away from the experience the understanding that life was hard on the prairie and that it was terrible and smelly and boring, but to be honest I think it could be cozy and a nice place to be with people you love.
I was only in school for 10 minutes of today's class because I went on a field trip. Laurel and I just hung out until the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment