Thursday, December 6, 2012

Class Recap 12/4, 12/5

Yesterday in class, we looked at a political comic regarding the election of 1860. It was cool because political comics have always interested me. I love the fact that with just a small picture with a limited amount of words, a comic can say so much about the culture, society, the economy, different people, and a whole host of other subjects. Usually political comics are extremely controversial, and it is always conveying a message that wants to raise questions and controversial thoughts. Today, the comic showed how each presidential candidate is dealing with America and how they are acting towards slavery. The four people depicted each were doing different things and interacting. It gave the election a new perspective for me. I really liked looking at it.
Today in class, we had an edCafe. EdCafes are my favorite! I love debating and talking to students about the given topic because it sheds light on new ideas as well as being able to see how kids work together or against each other to solve debates and problems. I like the way that they make me think. It was a good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment